David Colon on 17 Mar 2010 09:17:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Help with NFS Share

Did you run "exportfs -a" on the server after modifying /etc/exports?

David

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 17, 2010, at 9:58 AM, "Eric H. Johnson" <ejohnson@camalytics.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to map the mythtv (mythbuntu) videos etc. folders to a front
end. In the exports file on the backend I have:

/var/lib/mythtv/videos
*(rw,async,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
/var/lib/mythtv/music   *(rw,async,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
/var/lib/mythtv/pictures
*(rw,async,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings
*(rw,async,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

Note: insecure should not be needed, but I get the same thing without it.
There was a reference that it was needed to share with Apple computers
(another UNIX OS).

Both machines are on the same subnet, there is no router, firewall or other
nat device between the two computers.

On the client I enter:

sudo mount 10.0.0.7:/videos /var/lib/mythtv/videos

The client side error reported is:
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 10.0.0.7:/videos

Syslog on the server gives a related error:
Mythtv1-backend1 mountd[2751]: refused mount request from 10.0.0.2 for
/videos (/): not exported

It seems the server is set up reasonably correctly, because I can attach to,
map a drive to, etc. the exports through windows file manager. I also set
the permissions for the folder on both the client and server to match (775).
Additionally localhost is defined in the hosts file for both the client and
server.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric