Eric H. Johnson on 17 Mar 2010 09:28:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Help with NFS Share

Isaac,

I could easily have something reversed, but that does not seem to be the
case.

10.0.0.7 is the server.
Localhost or 10.0.0.2 should be the client.

As I understand it, the path /var/lib/mythtv/videos on 10.0.0.7 should not
be visible, only the videos folder. At any rate, that did not work and gives
the error "mount point does not exist". The paths exist with exactly the
same path on both the client and the server, i.e. /var/lib/mythtv/videos. On
the client the folder is empty and is set to exactly the same permissions as
on the server.

Thanks,
Eric

I'm barely literate in NFS, but I think you reversed the server and
client paths. Try:
sudo mount 10.0.0.7:/var/lib/mythtv/videos /videos

With your syntax, you appear to be trying to mount the server's /videos
directory. I'm not sure but presume the client's /videos needs to first
exist as an empty directory as is usually the case when mounting.