Daniel Toliaferro on 20 Mar 2010 18:18:48 -0700

[PLUG] Linux Install Class at Hive76

Hi, this message is from Stephanie Alarcon of Hive76.

Hello!  I have a listing for a pretty cool and cheap computer class
coming up at Hive76 in a few weeks.  If you could announce this event
that would be great.
Here's the info:

What:  Linux Install Class at Hive76
Where:  Hive76, 915  Spring Garden, Ste 519
When:  Sunday, March 28, 2010 10 am - 3 pm
Cost:  $0-$30 sliding scale/pay what you can
Details: http://www.hive76.org/linux-install-class-detail

On Sunday, March 28 from 10am-3pm w're holding a basic Linux install
class. This class is perfect for total Linux beginners and people who
want to take the plunge and install Linux on their computer. We'll talk
about what an operating system is, what free and open source software
mean, implications of using proprietary software, and differences among
distributions of Linux. Then we'll install Ubuntu on computers that
people bring, or for people who aren't quite ready, we can install free
software programs like Firefox and Open Office. This class is open to
everyone, and woman- and trans-friendly. The class is sliding scale/pay
what you can $0-$30. A donation will make it easier for Hive76 to
provide snacks and keep hosting affordable classes.

About Hive76:
http://www.hive76.org
Hive76 is a community of makers and crafters organized around a shared
workspace. We enable our members to invent, build, collaborate, and
share skills. We promote science education and the do-it-yourself spirit
in our greater community to enable people to make things awesome and
make awesome things.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch.  Thanks!
Stephanie Alarcon