Randall A Sindlinger on 25 Mar 2010 08:18:43 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux SMTP honeypots?

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:05:55AM -0400, Mike Sheinberg wrote:

> This ideally means I want to make it look like I'm running
> a very insecure version of sendmail, appear to be an open-relay, etc..

Ideally?  Ideal in this situation would seem to me to make it look
like you're running IIS, maybe as a webmail server.

I couldn't resist the stab at Microsoft, but, seriously, it might
be a good idea.  Webmail implies *both* smtp and http(s), and
if you can make it look like an _old_ IIS server (ie, before they
really had their act together) with an open-relay to boot, you really
might have a very attractive target.

-Randall