Ed Ackerman on 8 May 2010 14:56:53 -0700

[PLUG] Testing the waters w/IPv6

OK, I'll admit it, the hype about the imminent demise of available v4
address space has me investigating v6. Besides it seems like a something
fun to do, sort of like the first time you were able to get news through a
uucp connection. If anyone goes back that far.

I have a working tunnel (6to4) running and I'm about to shift the endpoint
to my WAP from test (CentOS 5.4), and get a subnet. I'm using sixxs as my
broker.

Is there a group consensus about which is subjectively better, openwrt or
dd-wrt? The hardware will support either.

I was thinking that splitting the AP into vlans with vlan0 with a v4
address and vlan1 with v6, will still let me see the 'old' v4 wired
network for shared files and the print server while giving me v6 to the
outside and internal v6.

What say ye?

--
> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
0 rows returned
---
Ed Ackerman                    |  It is impossible to make anything
#include <std.disclaimer>      |  foolproof, since fools are
edack@kengel.com               |  so ingenious.
Registered Linux User #330814  |
---
My own 128 bit Integer  BA C0 28 75 C8 3C 00 EB 58 88 4F 20 10 27 6E 17
Thanks AACS