John Kreno on 8 May 2010 18:19:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Help with Cisco 2520 Router

The 2520 would be good just to get comfortable with IOS. I've played with things as old and small as that all the way up to the CRS Multichassis. The commands don't change all that much, but the feature sets will differ greatly.

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 10:56 PM, James Barrett <jadoba@jadoba.net> wrote:
On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Chad Waters <chad@chadwaters.com> wrote:
>> 3.  They separate the "switch" from the "router", unlike home routers, so this
>> is why there is only a single Ethernet port on it.
>
> This model is a router, but most cisco switches can route.

And plenty of the newer Cisco routers out there can be expanded with a
switch module. The 2811's we use have 4-port 10/100 switch modules.
I've seen a few with 16-port switch modules.

--
James Barrett

John Kreno

"Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin