Asheesh Laroia on 12 May 2010 22:21:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Testing the waters w/IPv6

On Sat, 8 May 2010, Ed Ackerman wrote:

> OK, I'll admit it, the hype about the imminent demise of available v4
> address space has me investigating v6. Besides it seems like a something
> fun to do, sort of like the first time you were able to get news through
> a uucp connection. If anyone goes back that far.
>
> I have a working tunnel (6to4) running and I'm about to shift the
> endpoint to my WAP from test (CentOS 5.4), and get a subnet. I'm using
> sixxs as my broker.
>
> Is there a group consensus about which is subjectively better, openwrt
> or dd-wrt? The hardware will support either.

In my experience, dd-wrt is easier if you're sticking to defaults. openwrt
is better if you're fiddling.

IPv6 generally counts as "fiddling."

Lately I just use openwrt everywhere. It's been pretty stable and easy
enough!

IPv6 rules. Join me in the future!

(But I'm lame and just use miredo everywhere, since it's so easy!)

-- Asheesh.

--
Must I hold a candle to my shames?
 		-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"