Asheesh Laroia on 12 May 2010 21:26:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Whither Debian Package a Day?

On Wed, 12 May 2010, JP Vossen wrote:

>> Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:06:25 -0400 (EDT)
> > From: Asheesh Laroia <plug@asheesh.org>
>
> On Sun, 9 May 2010, Casey Bralla wrote:
>>> Anybody know what happened to Debian Package a Day?
>>> http://debaday.debian.net/
>>>
>>> It's been defunct for some time, but I always enjoyed it.
>>
>> My guess is that "nothing" happened to it, in the sense that some people
>> used to work on it, and now they don't.
>
> Well, yes.  But in addition, the domain name disappeared, taking the
> archived articles with it.  :-(
>
> Oh good, some of them are up at the Archive:
> http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://debaday.debian.net

I didn't realize! I could rescue it... I want to go to sleep right
now, but maybe this weekend, can you ping me by email or on IRC (I'm
paulproteus on #PLUG) and we can see what the right thing to do next
is?

-- Asheesh.

--
You'll never see all the places, or read all the books, but fortunately,
they're not all recommended.