jeff on 9 Jun 2010 15:17:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Wine usb support (scanner)

On 06/09/2010 02:11 PM, Edmond Rodriguez wrote:
> I am curious if people have had success using usb devices with drivers
> (in Wine).. like maybe a scanner. Maybe write back with brief success story?

I tried with scanners too, only mine were radio scanners.  It was a
nightmare but involved serial ports.  I did a little better when I used
serial to usb drivers.  Don't know if that's relevant at all.

An alternative is to run a different os in a virtual machine.

--
ThermionicEmissions  -  the blog
http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat