Edmond Rodriguez on 9 Jun 2010 17:11:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Wine usb support (scanner)

I guess qemu does have usb support (run with sudo or root).  I probably never got far enough to research it more, as I would have googled it some,  though I could try a newly installed disk image with qemu that might run for a month before it complains about licensing.

http://firmit.wordpress.com/2009/01/07/qemu-with-usb-support/
http://alien.slackbook.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=slackware:qemu#using_an_usb_device_in_qemu

This also makes me think of another question.

If I were to run as root, and wanted /dev/hda to be read only for some application, could I do a hard or soft link to it  using say /dev/myHda, then set the permissions to read only (even for root) on /dev/myHda?  Then I would reference to /dev/myHda if I wanted it as read only?