Jon Nelson on 8 Jul 2010 06:38:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Simple Python Help WAS:Filtering Packets in Monitor Mode

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Edmond Rodriguez <erodrig97.list@gmail.com> wrote:
You must be missing the error messages provided when there are syntax
problems.  Are you redirecting standard error (which makes sense to
keep the screen clean)?   Next time, you may want to take a look at
error messages reported by the program if they are accessible.

Why did you not see the error message about a missing colon when
trying to run the script?  You might want to put the error back in
temporarily, to figure out where those error messages are going.

--
Edmond

All good questions. I am not redirecting standard error.  I did not see any errors originally and the script ran, which is weird.  Now I get a syntax error when I take the colon out.  I am running back|track4 from a boot CD.