LeRoy on 26 Jul 2010 12:14:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] How do you backup your home PC's / Laptops?

On 07/26/2010 02:16 PM, Conor Schaefer wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Brian Vagnoni <bvagnoni@v-system.net
> <mailto:bvagnoni@v-system.net>> wrote:

Many moons ago I wrote a bash script to do my backups.

The backup is a tar based backup and dump for the databases and for
security I encrypt it with GnuPG and finally create a cd/dvd iso image
that can be rsync'd to remote box.  Since many of us use various
services like unix shell, or tektonic the encryption of any backup is
essential.

I made a half baked deb file which includes 2 man pages a default config
file and the sbin program.

You have to hand edit the config file on your own.

--
 Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy  mailto:leroy@lrcressy.com   /\_/\
                       http://lrcressy.com        ( o.o )

gpg fingerprint:  62DE 6CAB CEE1 B1B3 359A  81D8 3FEF E6DA 8501 AFEA

For info on enigmail:    http://lrcressy.com/linux/mozilla.pdf
For info on gpg:         http://www.gnupg.org/