Brian Vagnoni on 14 Aug 2010 13:35:02 -0700

[PLUG] Kudos To Clear

Recently had a problem with a Clear Wimax installation at 52th and Parkside, Philadelphia. The RSU and USB modems would go from 5 bars to zero bars in a matter hours. I simply, and incorrectly figured that being so close to the park, and the fact that no one lives in the park, that it was just a bad location for Clear. Still the behavior seemed rather strange to me, with such random and large signal swings. I contacted my Clear representative, explained the problem to him, and left it at that.  A few days later I got a call from Clear, and to my surprise, it was a war-driver technician, who was on-site testing, and  confirmed that it was a problem with the tower. Keep in mind we have quite a few locations, but nonetheless, kudos to Clear.