Richard Freeman on 2 Oct 2010 03:07:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Blocking A Program From Running

On 10/01/2010 06:34 PM, Andrew Holden wrote:
> The blender binary is blender-bin. killall blender-bin works but I
> have tried killall blend* without success, and I have tried killall
> blend*.* too. I would prefer to make it more general and it's all part
> of the getting smarter thing too. Any thoughts?

Nothing that will work once he smarts up and renames the binary init,
bash, or X.  :)

The noexec option is one, SELinux is another (but most distros provide
little support for it, and it is a lot to set up).

For kids who don't spend enough time on schoolwork, a more practical
consideration is questioning why they're there in the first place.
There is always the Navy.  But, perhaps not everybody shares my opinions
regarding education, and in any case it has nothing to do with Linux.
Bottom line is that not every problem has an IT solution.

Rich