jeff on 2 Oct 2010 19:49:29 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Blocking A Program From Running - android too

On 10/02/2010 03:10 PM, Conor Schaefer wrote:
Why not just uninstall the offending software?

(Sent from my rooted Nexus One running Cyanogenmod6)

decent programs that i'd prefer not start by themselves.
for example, both the native and 3rd party text messaging apps start on their own. same with email and way too many others.

there is no reason for email clients to start themselves (when they're not set to check email). non-rooted users also have to put up with certain apps they can't uninstall, like facebook, twitter, amazon mp3, and others.

i want my android experience to parallel my ubuntu experience.

--
ThermionicEmissions  -  the blog
http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat