Casey Bralla on 4 Oct 2010 14:26:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Networking Cat5e cable question....

2 thoughts come to mind:

1.  Bad RJ-45 plugs.  (They don't seat properly in the NIC socket.)  Try
wiggling or putting pressure on them in the socket.
2.  Try making a short patch cable from a different box of cable.   I don't
know what might be wrong with the first box, but at least it would isolate
that part of the problem.

--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence