Conor Schaefer on 10 Oct 2010 09:08:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu 10.04 boot problem(s)

  • From: Conor Schaefer <conor.schaefer@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu 10.04 boot problem(s)
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 12:08:38 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=YgYjkP1yS7ybU8Zlm6LgY0hUQ4KcwZv/OyshVIm8kek=; b=XBS+o0ylpq3I5CGN/IOxWBIGdyBfc6i6pxoxIe8bxiAaifNtx66jkPwGYMSbYFdk2m QlvbOY8uPm1b3l0t/QBvSmMpVCFYv7zm1P5TLp5gCt06ZvlXzmUsWLXu8HlLHfmoWWOa WOplGsiqIJOwTYBXNGNnoUQMfWxu5BA9D9TcQ=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

If you have no fear of reconfiguring settings, then a purge and install might be the best bet for you. Notice, though, that you might want to purge and install GDM, as well, because doing it just for X probably won't help your /etc/gdm/custom.conf be properly generated.

You confirmed that the files were not there by mounting the partition in a live CD environment, yes? I just ran out to pick up some blank CDs, and I'm going to give that a spin for myself, see if I can solve this mountall failure by adjusting fstab.

Good luck, and keep us posted!