Eric at Lucii.org on 13 Oct 2010 15:22:02 -0700

Re: [PLUG] networking question

Ah, very good!

I added this line to /etc/resolv.conf:
   nameserver 10.10.10.1

Then restarted:
testserv:/etc/sysconfig/network # /sbin/rcnetwork stop
ATTENTION: You have modified /etc/resolv.conf.  Leaving it untouched...
You can find my version in /etc/resolv.conf.netconfig ...
Shutting down network interfaces:
    eth0      device: Intel Corporation 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 02)
    eth0
                                          done
Shutting down service network  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
                                          done
testserv:/etc/sysconfig/network # /sbin/rcnetwork start
Hint: you may set mandatory devices in /etc/sysconfig/network/config
Setting up network interfaces:
    eth0      device: Intel Corporation 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 02)
    eth0      IP address: 10.10.10.179/24
    eth0
                                          done
Setting up service network  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
                                          done
SuSEfirewall2: Setting up rules from /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 ...
SuSEfirewall2: batch committing...
SuSEfirewall2: Firewall rules successfully set

After that it works beautifully.

Thank you!
Eric

- --