Michael Lazin on 10 Nov 2010 11:59:12 -0800

Re: [PLUG] The evils of closed source

I was able to navigate just fine and add something to the cart using ubuntu 10.04, firefox 3.6.2, noscript, adobe.com naturally allowed.  What makes you think you need IE to use adobe.com?  Have you looked at the event log on your VM for clues to why adobe.com would crash the vm?  I don't doubt that any website will crash a computer when viewed with IE, I wouldn't recommend IE to anyone, IE, Ewwwh, yuck.

Cheers,

Michael

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Douglas Muth <doug.muth@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
> With much trepidation, I attempted to navigate to adobe dot com.
> I am still smarting over the last time our resident Mac fanboi asked me to
> order him something there.
>
> I use IE, as one is simply not *allowed* to access the site with any other
> browser.

[snip]

I wasn't able to reproduce that behavior.  I just went to
http://store.adobe.com/ and was able to put an item in my cart and
make it all the way to checkout.  All while in Google Chrome.

-- Doug

Michael Lazin

to gar auto estin noein te kai ennai