Art Alexion on 6 Dec 2010 13:02:13 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Net Neutrality

On Monday, December 06, 2010 03:39:02 pm Doug Stewart wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Art Alexion <arthur@alexion.com> wrote:
> > Is it THEIR property?  As fara s I can recall, all of those wires and
> > fiber are traveling over my property and yours.  Do you recall getting
> > paid for that right of way?
>
> Your lack of legal understanding is stunning. That's not how
> rights-of-way/rights-of-access work. Though enforced by government
> action/decree/judicial ruling, rights-of-way remain the property of
> the RoW's owners (see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-of-way_(transportation) )

Doug, where do you think those rights of way came from?  Do you think they
just existed since the original native Americans granted them to Comcast in
the 16th Century?

> > Oh, and weren't those wires paid for with FCC/PUC approved "surcharges"
> > that you and I pay for?
>
> Depends on which one you're talking about. Unless PECO and the water
> companies have started laying traffic-bearing fiber on their poles and
> in their mains, then no, you haven't. (Unless you've been paying for
> POTS service from Bell Atlantic/GTE [aka Verizon], in which case, yes,
> you've been paying Ma Bell for that AND for the Spanish-American War.

Are you saying Verizon isn't a player in regards to this issue? (I confess I
have never gotten a Comcast bill and have no idea how their charges are
deliniated.)

--
Art Alexion