Claude M. Schrader on 6 Dec 2010 13:01:42 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Net Neutrality

On 15:39 Mon 06 Dec     , Doug Stewart wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Art Alexion <arthur@alexion.com> wrote:
> > Oh, and weren't those wires paid for with FCC/PUC approved "surcharges" that
> > you and I pay for?
> >

> Depends on which one you're talking about. Unless PECO and the water
> companies have started laying traffic-bearing fiber on their poles and
> in their mains, then no, you haven't.

I don't have a source for this, but I'm pretty sure the state gave Verizon
many millions of dollars in the early 00s to fund their FTTP project. It
wasn't completely paid for by us, but we did contribute.

Besides, FiOS runs on public telephone poles, and underneath public roads.
That is a resource we have given use of to Verizon.