Doug Stewart on 6 Dec 2010 13:19:05 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Net Neutrality

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Claude M. Schrader
<plug@claudeschrader.com> wrote:

> I don't have a source for this, but I'm pretty sure the state gave Verizon
> many millions of dollars in the early 00s to fund their FTTP project. It
> wasn't completely paid for by us, but we did contribute.
>
> Besides, FiOS runs on public telephone poles, and underneath public roads.
> That is a resource we have given use of to Verizon.

Once again, Bell Atlantic is a special case. Ma Bell WAS a
gov't-sponsored/allowed monopoly and thus operates under a different
set of historical conditions and constraints.

Verizon != all ISPs, though, which is my point.

--
-Doug
@zamoose