Richard Freeman on 6 Dec 2010 15:48:35 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Net Neutrality

On 12/06/2010 03:02 PM, Art Alexion wrote:
> On Saturday, December 04, 2010 08:31:35 am Richard Freeman wrote:
>> I would agree, but only if
>
> Rich,
>
> While you say you agree, it doesn't really sound like it.

That's because I didn't say that I agreed.  I said that I WOULD agree,
but only if...  :)

Bottom line is that in their present state as oligopoly network
providers, I do not think that ISPs should have the discretion to run
their networks however they please.

If they divest themselves of their monopoly positions on the last mile,
then I'm fine with them doing whatever they want to with the rest of
their services.

The last mile must be content-neutral, one way or another.  As long as
the last mile is vertically integrated into the rest of the ISP business
platform, then the whole thing must be content-neutral.

Rich