bergman on 9 Dec 2010 16:19:29 -0800

Re: [PLUG] ASCII writer?

The pithy ruminations from "Benjamin Folk Jr." <ben.folk@comcast.net> on "Re: [PLUG] ASCII writer?" were:

=> "banner" at the command prompt...

Yep.

=>
=> It will prompt you for a message

Or accept input on the command line, as in:

	banner TEST

to produce:

  #######  #######   #####   #######
     #     #        #     #     #
     #     #        #           #
     #     #####     #####      #
     #     #              #     #
     #     #        #     #     #
     #     #######   #####      #

I wrote a perl script that will take banner(1) output and rotate it 90 degrees...with multiple rotations you can get:

     #      #####   #######     #
     #     #     #        #     #
     #     #              #     #
     #      #####     #####     #
     #           #        #     #
     #     #     #        #     #
  #######   #####   #######  #######

which well really make the night-shift print operator think that there's a problem with the line printer. :)

Let me know if you want a copy.

Mark

=>
=>
=> Eric at Lucii.org wrote:
=> > ___________________________________________________________________________
=> > Philadelphia Linux Users Group         --        http://www.phillylinux.org
=> >
=> >
=>
=> Philadelphia Linux Users Group         --        http://www.phillylinux.org
=>

-----
Mark Bergman    Biker, Rock Climber, Unix mechanic, IATSE #1 Stagehand

http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=bergman%40merctech.com

I want a newsgroup with a infinite S/N ratio! Now taking CFV on:
rec.motorcycles.stagehands.pet-bird-owners.pinballers.unix-supporters
15+ So Far--Want to join? Check out: http://www.panix.com/~bergman