Randall A Sindlinger on 13 Dec 2010 07:28:44 -0800

Re: [PLUG] 3-way data mirror?

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 06:35:49PM -0500, Richard Freeman wrote:
> On 12/12/2010 10:54 AM, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
> > Might an OpenAFS file system (http://openafsorg <http://openafs.org>) be
> > an option?  Perhaps with SELinux used to disable updates at COLO that
> > are not replicated from Lab1 and Lab2?
>
> Also - it seems like it isn't really well-maintained unless something
> has changed.  There are a TON of docs for it - but it seems like it was
> a project that got intense attention and then just was dropped.

I just looked at the link, because that was my recollection, too.  But it
looks like new life has been breathed into it, and there's even an opensuse-11.2
set of rpms for the stable 1.4.12 (that makes me smile, since that's what we're
running).  It definitely looks like it's worth poking around at.

And, OT - Dark Matter Observed - http://openafs.org/success.html
I missed that somehow back when it was announced.

-Randall