Walt Mankowski on 24 Dec 2010 19:10:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Is there a trick to install just the manpages out of a package?

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 09:13:23PM -0500, Sean M. Collins wrote:
> Depending on your distro: I think Debian usually has packages with a
> suffix of -doc for the documentation. I don't know if the -doc packages
> have the actual package as a dependency, however.

Most Debian packages don't come with separate -doc packages.  Even
when they do, they sometimes contain additional documentation such as
pdf and html manuals.  The only workaround I can think of is to
install the package's source (apt-get source foo) and then hunt around
in that for the man page(s).

Walt