Rich Freeman on 7 Jan 2011 05:50:31 -0800

Re: [PLUG] eMail Delivery/Domain Name Problem

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:
> Since I have a "Dynamic" IP, it has changed once or twice over the years, but
> it has been stable for 2+ years, so any cache would have long-since been
> flushed.

I'm not a DNS expert, but I'm guessing your problem is with your
provider - not with anything that you have done.  The glue records
point to their DNS servers, not to your server.  If their IPs are
changing then they could be in a state of flux.

I've never really seen this happen with any reputable DNS host -
either they just never change their IPs, or when they do it they
anticipate these kinds of propagation issues and prevent them
(forwarding at the IP level, make before break, etc).

Rich