Claude M. Schrader on 7 Jan 2011 06:57:04 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Two-Drive Software Raid 5?

On 09:37 Tue 04 Jan     , Rich Freeman wrote:

> 1.  I need 1TB of redundant space now.
> 2.  I only want to pay for 2 1TB hard drives now.
> 3.  I want to be able to add 1TB at a later date for the cost of 1 1TB
> drive, and migrate data online (or at least without access to other
> storage).
>
> I don't really see any other options.

someone mentioned in irc that 1TB drives are only $59 at microcenter right
now. I say just buy 3 or 4 now and get it over with. While a 2 drive raid5
may be theoretically possible, do you really want to trust your data to
such a crazy untested setup?
Claude