Steve Slaughter on 13 Jan 2011 07:49:20 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Virtual Box will not recognize my USB printer.
- From: Steve Slaughter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [PLUG] Virtual Box will not recognize my USB printer.
- Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:49:15 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=oQ8YbtGUSmfiUO5zVRsCx6mCdF5UuAGpVfA5CnV1lWw=; b=CGrZ/4/IT9m/p4ixbxiap6lwkjLRLZhoeOGtevSfNNIvHVpZ/ZgNfyiGNXlrJLR/77 fnoUs4cv6ZTmvb0G2UkZQnBF4tlaYRn6O6GehJa7LUZPDXXdEiGFE3Z3laNfx5rmnz1A SqVjGK3SqsoA5pL7MlJdSuLu6nyDumoOZ/QKY=
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
I set up a virtual machine in Virtual Box to run a Windows 7 guest on a Ubuntu host.
My problem is that the guest (Windows 7) will not recognize usb devices. I can print just fine on the host (Ubuntu).
I installed the VB extension pack which provides support for USB 2.0, and I enabled USB controller setting along with the USB 2. 0 setting.
I also added a new USB filter with all fields set to the values of the selected USB device attached to my host PC.
When I boot up the Windows 7 (guest), the little USB icon in the bottom-right-hand panel of the virtual machine window says 0 usb devices activated whenever I hover over that with the mouse.
When I check the Computer directory on the Windows 7 guest, no printer icon is shown.
I searched around the internet for a solution to this problem, but couldn't find any resolution.
Computers have lots of memory but no imagination....yet.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug