Conor Schaefer on 28 Jan 2011 07:57:54 -0800

Re: [PLUG] why apple- wife

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:57 AM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
When the screaming hordes literally kicked the plug out of the ancient XP laptop, breaking the internal jack off the board, it was rendered inoperable.

I know this thread has gone on way too long as it is, but the magnetic AC jacks on Apple laptops were designed to prevent this. It's a brilliant design, truly it is. Once you experience it, you will curse every stupid AC jack you see afterwards. I've personally seen this feature prevent laptops from crashing to the ground off of desks many times! ;)

I refused to install XP on anything else so the wife got an Xubuntu laptop. ÂSince that time, she has asked no questions and nothing has gone awry.

I gotcher Apple right *here* Â:)