Edmond Rodriguez on 1 Feb 2011 16:09:46 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Web Cam Recommendation

Do you really mean iris?  Perhaps you are talking about "exposure".
Some cameras have exposure times that can vary and an "auto exposure"
feature will control that (as well as other settings).   This will
also effect the frame rate, since a longer exposure time reduces the
frame rate of the camera.     I have purchased two cheap cameras.  One
I helped with in the release of the driver, (dual camera), and it
could vary the exposure time (v4l2ucp lets you change it).  The other
camera does not have an exposure setting, but I am wondering if maybe
it is internal to the camera, hard to tell.   Do web cams actually
come with an iris that can change?  I wouldn't be surprised!