Randall A Sindlinger on 3 Feb 2011 14:11:35 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Web Cam Recommendation

Heh.  I hadn't actually stared it in the eye, so I'm not sure.
Maybe I don't really mean iris; the last time I played with it
was a couple years ago now and it was on a Windows platform (for
reasons beyond my control).  It was fun, but I quickly got
irritated with the image's exposure/whitebalance/whatever changing
automatically, and couldn't find a way to turn it off.  I'd
like to find or start another project it to play with it again, perhaps,
but I've not gone out of my way to do so because of the sour taste
the camera left by being "helpful".

Thanks,
-Randall