JP Vossen on 10 Feb 2011 22:56:12 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Speakers needed: North, West query

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:41:46 -0500
From: Randall A Sindlinger<rsindlin+plug@seas.upenn.edu>

For PLUG West or North folks -

Would there be any interest in the talk I did for Central in December?
It was "Highly Scalable Mail Architectures with Linux."

+1 for that for either West or North or both.

+1 for IPv6 for the same locations.

+1 for Unity, whenever Alex is around. I use LTS and otherwise haven't had time to fire up a VM and check it out.

+1 for NoSQL stuff, though as someone else pointed out it seems a lot like a filesystem to me. Overhyped?

We also tossed around Lee's UTM round-table idea, though that's tough to get coordinated. Lee could do Endian, I could do M0n0wall, I *might* be able to fake pfSense since it's based on M0n0wall but I don't really use it, maybe need someone for SmoothWall and some others?

Are we due for another talk about regular expressions?

How about booting from a device larger than 2TB? (MBR vs GTP partitions & Grub2)

Thanks,
JP