Andrew Libby on 11 Feb 2011 06:15:30 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Speakers needed: North, West query

On 2/11/11 1:56 AM, JP Vossen wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:41:46 -0500
>> From: Randall A Sindlinger<rsindlin+plug@seas.upenn.edu>
>
>> For PLUG West or North folks -
>>
>> Would there be any interest in the talk I did for Central
>> in December?
>> It was "Highly Scalable Mail Architectures with Linux."
>
> +1 for that for either West or North or both.
>
> +1 for IPv6 for the same locations.
>
> +1 for Unity, whenever Alex is around.  I use LTS and
> otherwise haven't had time to fire up a VM and check it out.
>
> +1 for NoSQL stuff, though as someone else pointed out it
> seems a lot like a filesystem to me.  Overhyped?

I second all of these, likewise with the locations.

I've been working with amazon EC2 and some with S3
recently.

If there is interest in an introduction to using these,
I could prepare a talk for either north or west also.  I
have stage fright, so central is a bit intimidating for me.

Andy