Brian Stempin on 8 Mar 2011 16:37:47 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] OT: Looking for a volunteer to teach Java
- From: Brian Stempin <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] OT: Looking for a volunteer to teach Java
- Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:37:42 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=YtAwiGIaFNJQCbDExiOfmcuPBr/xdPj2LdUTNMyHuZs=; b=xhsEICUJXlaREVxd7Vf1r1tQcWD7QiHq4B0o6F0vYqNyyCJIAFBJdjLGvYWPy1+oOp DuxHukVeZ3zmDXOz2XGDr9CgVl7k5xxNmI7fWefFrDVbtFW3W4B92k7dJkbR7kCq/kPe tfRHlknynO4E4NpZXLWaZ98zp1sVPibERk7pk=
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm looking for someone to volunteer to be a Java/HTML instructor. I currently teach high school kids in center city (18th and JFK) and I need a second instructor to give an intro course to kids who are new to our program.
I teach for a group called the Black Data Processing Associates (BDPA), a non-profit group that aims to get more minorities and kids into IT and tech-related fields. One of our programs invites high school kids to learn how to program JSP web apps and gives them a shot at going to a national conference and competing in a programming competition. I've been with the program for a little over two years, and I need a second instructor so that I can split the class. If you have decent Java skills and a few hours per week to dedicate to this, then I'd be interested to hear from you.
If you're interested, feel free to reply to me directly or to check out our website: http://hscc.bdpaphilly.org.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug