brent saner on 16 Mar 2011 10:01:19 -0700

Re: [PLUG] script to verify users credentials using pam on Ubuntu

take a look at http://checkpasswd-pam.sourceforge.net/ yet?
it's not 100% what you need, but you may find use from it (it's a
standalone PAM auth checker.. meant to be used with various mail
services, but...)

actually, for what you're looking for, you may want
http://pamtester.sourceforge.net/

you may be able to try this with hydra as well, just set it to use a
dictionary with the password in it (and, to cut down on time, only
that password)  http://www.thc.org/thc-hydra/

On 3/16/11, Lee Marzke <lee@marzke.net> wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I need a command line program, but it
> looks like there's a python-pam module in the ubuntu repo  that may do
> the trick.
>
> Thanks,   I've never worked with pam before.
>
> Lee
>
> Quoting Matt Mossholder <matt@mossholder.com>:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Lee Marzke <lee@marzke.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've got a requirement for a web application to verify each users
>>> identity
>>> ( e.g.  pass the username and
>>> password to a script ,  and have the script return pass/fail )
>>>
>>> I've got likewise open installed that has pam libraries that authenticate
>>> users fine,  so authentication
>>> is working for login to the Linux box via ssh, etc.,   but I need the
>>> script to just pass the auth paramaters
>>> to pam and get pass/fail.
>>>

>> I'd do it using the Apache interface to PAM... here's a sample:
>>
>> http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/apachepam.htm
>>
>>      --Matt
>>

> --
>
> Lee Marzke <lee@marzke.net>