Tim Jones on 30 Apr 2011 01:22:00 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Natty Narwhal

I've had this happen more than once after an ubuntu upgrade.  In those cases, the new kernel was the problem for some unknown reason.  If you've got other kernels in the grub menu, try to boot with those.  If that isn't possible, load a live disk or USB and chroot into the hard disk; there you can apt-search for older kernels, perhaps even the server kernel, and try to install those.  If a new kernel doesn't do the trick, and you aren't too eager to compile one of your own in chroot, then a downgrade to your image may be best.  Good luck!