Paul Walker on 23 May 2011 10:46:25 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Trying to config xhprof on gridserver
- From: Paul Walker <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [PLUG] Trying to config xhprof on gridserver
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:46:15 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=MjOMDRtIF6HEQ64XiHGIAjowVee1nLhw0+U0QXvcCLo=; b=omdNzXIlNsn/1udO938BThnDpREWf3UMkXqhjhPUSk1HJ/bCnncIKYVCh9D2s/Yxdn p1Z/f4OgfvkNd7Tt/Z1s4OgBjjDvJT33zO/6jR+wYYQ1CUJMNW922DX9uEOFKPGUsu/6 6BI3NKVVUxjXWBdhoXwQvx7kcLmDR+7fuh4ow=
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey my name is Paul. This is my first post to the PLUG list. I'm a Drupal/PHP developer who is also learning the linux environment (Debian and Darwin) and basic server admin. I'm currently trying to install the xhprof (PECL) onto my Mediatemple gridserver. I'm having a bit of a time of it since write restrictions won't allow the PECL installer to work. I've done the following:
uncompress into /home/#####/data/lib/xhprof-0.9.2
./configure (see below)
(make test returns 8 successful tests - 0 failures.)
then I'm adding the following to my php.ini (at /home/#####/etc):
At this point, xhprof still doesn't work (ie - a call to xhprof_enable() returns a fatal error - undefined function)
Also, the php.ini parsed by phpinfo() is read only on my server. The above php.ini file (created accdording to the mediatemple's docs) seems to not be being parsed by the server.
PHP Version 5.2.14
What is the proper php-config path?How do I tell php to parse my additional php.ini file?
Am I doing anything else wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help..
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug