Gavin W. Burris on 29 Jun 2011 13:37:06 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Media Frontend Hardware

Hi Rich,

Since my Shuttle PC motherboard failed after only one year of use, I
just upgraded to an Asus Eee Box.  It has an Intel Atom D510 and NVIDIA
ION.  With Fedora installed, hooked up to a eSATA RAID, I'm good to go
with XBMC.

I also have a Roku, but it does not do uPnP.  It has "channel" apps that
play everything from your subscription of Netflix, Amazon, UFC, etc.
There are no commercials.

I would suggest upgrading to a budget flat panel with a VGA connection.
 You can also configure Linux to use HDMI, since HDMI is a smaller
connector for DVI with audio added in.

Cheers.

Gavin W. Burris
Senior Systems Programmer