Grabowy, Chris on 8 Aug 2011 09:21:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] EXTERNAL: Re: Comcast going all digital for me

I do not believe that you have to pay to rent the cablcards anymore.  In fact, you will see a credit on your bill for every cablecard you use.  It's like $3 per card.  I believe the FCC had done something to change this.

Also, as of some date in the near future the FCC will require that you can self install the cablecard, if you want.

And I don't believe this was mentioned in any other email so far, the cablecard will give you the ability to record in HD.  Cablecards will allow you to record up to six channels at a time, that's assuming the device can handle that.

This is a very interesting topic.  I look forward to everyone's responses.

I just put up an antenna and I am thinking about canceling cable and investing that money elsewhere.