Eric H. Johnson on 18 Aug 2011 08:07:23 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Finding grub

Matt,

I am using grub. The OS on the IDE drive is Ubuntu 8.04 and the SATA drive is 10.04. Grub 2 was not used by Ubuntu until 10.10.

Thanks,
Eric

Hey, are you using grub or grub2.  Rich's comments remind me that grub2 identifies drives by hash rather than by BIOS identifier.  i.e. there might possibly not be a problem with reordering.  If it is grub2, perhaps we have someone in the list who can speak more authoritatively than I can?