Eric H. Johnson on 18 Aug 2011 10:17:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Finding grub - solved

Matt, Rich,

Never mind. I found a solution. Under advanced settings, there are some more
hard drive settings, one of which is labeled "S.M.A.R.T". I have not looked
it up and there was no local definition, but disabling it allows grub to
boot normally without the error message.

Something about monkey's spitting out the complete works of Shakespeare
comes to mind. :)

Thanks again,
Eric

Do you have a preferred reference on how to move grub? I did a search and it
seemed more complicated than I thought it should be, and of course comes
with the warning that doing this could irrecoverably destroy data.
Rebuilding the SATA drive would be no hardship, but I do not want to have to
rebuild the IDE drive as it would mean finding the older versions of several
pieces of software and an old version of the patched kernel it requires.