Claude M. Schrader on 26 Aug 2011 08:37:03 -0700

Re: [PLUG] and now, the more mundane

On 12:21 Thu 25 Aug     , Mike Leone wrote:
> On 8/25/2011 12:13 PM, bergman@merctech.com wrote:

> > => (2) Have you generally thrown in the towel on DSL and shelled out for
> > => fiber to your premises?
> >
> > Not available in my area of Manayunk.
>
> Is FIOS available anywhere but the NorthEast? It's not available down
> here in South Philly ...

yeah FiOS is making it's way around the city. I have it in the fishtown
area, and much of the area is wired for fios. I'm very happy with it. It's
nice to have installers who know what they're doing, as opposed to the
lowest-bidder Comcast subcontractor.

Much of NW Philly (Germantown, Mt Airy, Chestnut hill) is also wired for
fios, and I do know some parts of South Philly have it too.

--
Claude M. Schrader, CCNA
http://blog.claudeschrader.com/