JP Vossen on 28 Aug 2011 12:34:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT dell laptop repair

O> Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 11:44:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bob Schwier<schwepes2002@yahoo.com>

I've had three dell laptops that all failed the same way.  The latest is
a Latitude D610.  [...]

This is too little, too late, but it's the best I've got...

I had a D6something die the week after I bought it from work, but fortunately it was still under warranty. From that (clogged fan) and Googling it seems that lots of modern Dell laptops die of heat...

So keep the fan and ducts clear and keep the laptop as cool as possible (don't use it on pillows, etc.).

HTH someone,
JP