|Matt Mossholder on 6 Sep 2011 04:29:26 -0700|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
|Re: [PLUG] MythTV & HDHomeRun & Comcast Digital for Pottstown/Collegeville|
I have MythWeb working and that has a channel editor too. ÂThat might be easier to do in 1 shot, if I had a clue what I was doing. ÂThe columns are as follows:delete Âsourceid Â Â Â Âxmltvid Â Â Â Â channum Â Â Â Â callsign Â Â Â Âname Â Âfreqid Âfinetune videofilters Â brightness Â Â Âcontrast Â Â Â Âcolour Âhue Â Â recpriority Â Â commfree visible Â Â Â Âuseonairguide
SourceID is either 1 or 3, which I see is "video source" which is odd because it has some "3_1" type stuff in source 1 which is my old non-digital source. ÂWhatever, I can clean that up, if I know what goes in which field and where to get it. Â"useonairguide" and "commfree" sound interesting...
There is also http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Scte65scan which I got working and which provided a ton of info, including a VCT_ID (3014) that looks pretty much exactly like the "MontcoPLYPOTT-B1-CFRLP2AE" channel brochure I got in snail mail. ÂI used that to create a MySQL update file, but haven't imported it yet. ÂI globally changed "sourceid=1" or "sourceid=3" but it looks like there are 'mplexid' problems as well? Â(I already have lots of dups on the field in the DB though). ÂThe SQL file contains:
Â Â 15 mplexid=92
Â Â 14 mplexid=91
Â Â Â6 mplexid=23
Â Â Â5 mplexid=82
Â Â Â3 mplexid=110
Â Â Â3 mplexid=102
Â Â Â2 mplexid=79
Â Â Â2 mplexid=109
Â Â Â2 mplexid=104
Â Â Â1 mplexid=93
Â Â Â1 mplexid=81
Yet none of those exist in the dtv_multiplex table (or the SQL file) and all 22 records that do exist were created yesterday. ÂWill trying to use scte65scan help or hurt me?
Meanwhile, I hit the "report" button on my SchedulesDirect lineup and got the nice table, but it only lists, e.g., "12 | 12 | 11537 | WHYY | WHYY" while the Myth channel editor web page (or via Live TV or whatever) has:
Â Â Â Â12
Â Â Â Â12_1 Â Â# Actually, I have "dups" from source 1...
Â Â Â Â12_3 Â Â# ... and source 3 for these...
Â Â Â Â12_7 Â Â# ... three. Â:-/
So WTH are those? ÂI don't see them listed in scte65scan or SchedulesDirect... Â(Oh wait, running scte65scan with -p takes much longer but does seem to add that (PSIP?) stuff. ÂStill no dtv_multiplex entries though.)
Also, the Myth channel scan picked up a bunch of channels I don't think I get (>30 N <70), and that result in "error opening jump program file" when I switch to them, and it didn't find a bunch I do (or will) supposedly get (>100). ÂScte65scan seems a lot more accurate. ÂMaybe I should nuke all those channels (how? ÂWeb interface can do it) and use the scte65scan .sql import?
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Pottstown,_PA_-_Comcast_Digital looks like a superset of my Scte65scan output.
When I run the SQL query at that URL, I get some "duplicate" records, and channelnum values of <70, while the channel chart I got from Comcast has lots of stuff > 100 that in theory I get. ÂThat same chart and Scte65scan have nothing in the >30 and < 90 range, while the Myth channel scan picked up lots > 30 and < 70.
Yup, that seems to be it, though I hadn't changed the "default" tuner or default channels for those and I thought I'd set working ones for the new tuners. ÂRegardless, fiddling with that setting fixed it.
With regards to live TV not working, you might want to ensure that
the default channel for the tuner is set to something that exists.
Having an undefined channel as the default can cause the symptoms you
are describing. The frontend logs can help a log with this too.
Thanks for the help & sorry if I've being extra dense,
___________________________________________________________________________ Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug