Paul L. Snyder on 16 Sep 2011 20:47:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Meeting mailing list?

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, JP Vossen wrote:

> >Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:03:21 -0400
> >From: Rich Freeman<r-plug@thefreemanclan.net>
> >However, a suggestion would be to give everybody who coordinates a meeting
> >site write access to the announce list.  It would only be used in
> >emergencies like the one we just had.

Not a bad idea; however, the notification did indeed go to the -announce
list shortly after the first notice was sent to the discussion list.

> Interestingly, when I click the
> http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug-announce/ link I am
> silently re-directed to http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug/...
>
> So I'm not really sure if this list really exists or works.  But if
> working it would solve the problem, if we remember to use it.

The list exists.  All posts to plug-announce are forwarded to the main
discussion list (so, there's no need to subscribe to both unless you're
doing the digest thing and want announcements called out).  You may notice
that all the meeting announcements come through with both [plug] and
[plug-announce] in the headers.

Paul