Andrew Craig on 16 Oct 2011 11:52:39 -0700

[PLUG] ubuntu 11.10? Try Xubuntu 11.10

Seeing some emails going around about 11.10, I thought I'd share with you my recent finding.  I installed natty 11.10 and was just not really liking it, even though that is what I have been using with 11.04.  With the way they revamped the sidebar, it just doesn't look clean to me.  I had installed xubuntu desktop before and would boot into now and again.  So with the recent upgrade I once again installed xubuntu desktop.  It has been upgraded as well to 11.10 and I have to say, it is real sweet.  Looks great, runs great, and at least for me, more configurable and definitely has a nice clean look.

If you are going to upgrade, give it a whirl, you won't be disappointed.

Andrew