Andrew Craig on 16 Oct 2011 11:52:39 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] ubuntu 11.10? Try Xubuntu 11.10
- From: Andrew Craig <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [PLUG] ubuntu 11.10? Try Xubuntu 11.10
- Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 14:52:33 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=DddOkkpmPeUQq5n/5nUTEFA0KR/+jHfGkH/9LJt6Gd4=; b=L/cHn/GmlH8U1DUoiNb8xeNgdWN64LKFPpeB9nstzskna8ZV7q9tOapKffvu2yxsqu Aj9RixVfj4xBiBVaQFprPjM2Obik1vQZLDV63/MI98VsgXe2OZ+7wEbmKiXUvQt3/DNK 530C0y8RM3fS3IXC2drGgOWhJeGfGqCMuirdc=
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeing some emails going around about 11.10, I thought I'd share with you my recent finding. I installed natty 11.10 and was just not really liking it, even though that is what I have been using with 11.04. With the way they revamped the sidebar, it just doesn't look clean to me. I had installed xubuntu desktop before and would boot into now and again. So with the recent upgrade I once again installed xubuntu desktop. It has been upgraded as well to 11.10 and I have to say, it is real sweet. Looks great, runs great, and at least for me, more configurable and definitely has a nice clean look.
If you are going to upgrade, give it a whirl, you won't be disappointed.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug