Matt Berlin on 24 Oct 2011 13:56:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] ideas for class material

If you want to do stuff, and not write papers...perhaps a class is not the right setting for you.

Matthew Berlin
arkestra@gmail.com
535 Misty Patch Rd.
Coatesville, PA 19320
(484) 832-1055

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Ron Kaye Jr <rekaye1005@verizon.net> wrote:
no offense
this program seems somewhat bogus.

labs...yes, projects...yes, papers... no (though some practice writing documenation is OK)
there is enough material to learn for a 4 year degree and more.
with 'nix, you can learn something new every day

to start, google linux home networking. can you do everything in that outline?
there's a good start.
a good syllabus is the contents of an LPI exam text

i taught linux at chubb  and ITT.
They were different. They were both good.
At chubb, we looked at many distros-
slackware (watch 20 somethings heads explode without a gui- very funny),
redhat/centos, debian/ubuntu, gentoo, suse(novell)
there were differences worth knowing.

It is the instructors job to plot the course of his young jedi... not vice versa.
Instructor ... do your job!

i hope i didnt come across too strong.
my health is better!

Ron Kaye Jr