Tim Allen on 2 Nov 2011 10:46:29 -0700

[PLUG] Wharton Technology Job Opening: IT Sr Project Leader, Unix Team Lead

Greetings PLUG, sorry for the slightly spammy message, but I've been asked to bring attention to the following job posting, and if it can help someone get a good job in this economy, then great. If you're going to apply and you've met me at an event or we've crossed paths, be sure to let me know.

Title: IT SR PROJECT LEADER, Unix Team Lead

Duties

Develop short and long-term strategic plans to enhance Wharton's computing environment; emphasis on the management of Unix and Linux-based systems administration; primary and second-tier systems and networking support. Manage staff in maintaining systems and networking. Manage datacenter and VMware operations projects. Lead in the deployment of tools and services used by faculty, staff and other IT professionals within the School. Team is responsible for the entire lifecycle of enterprise hardware, OS, services, and applications, including evaluation, purchasing, installation, configuration, automation, optimization, documentation, maintenance, troubleshooting, inventory, and replacement/retirement.

Qualifications

A Bachelor's degree and five to seven years of experience supporting Unix systems and related services is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive experience in shell scripting (Perl and Bash) is necessary. Must have working knowledge of networking concepts and system security, strong written and verbal communication skills, project planning experience and ability to work well as a member of a team. Management experience is required. Expert Unix skills, preferably Solaris and Linux is necessary. Candidate must have prior experience managing a complex data center.

Preferred skills include: experience with Linux (preferably RHEL), Solaris, and core IT applications (DNS, Sendmail, DHCP, Apache, PHP, MySQL, NetBackup or other backup/data protection suites, CFEngine, NFS), and the ability to work with them in a complex, heterogeneous environment; VMware experience; experience with Sun Grid Engine or other HPC technologies; experience with using cloud and 3rd party vendor solutions for business continuity and research is preferred.

To apply:

Go to https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu and search for reference number 111031655.

Please feel free to apply, or contact me with questions.

*** NO RECRUITERS, PLEASE! Against University policy. ***