Julien Mills on 23 Nov 2011 11:47:20 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] Finding a /etc/group entry containing a user list
- From: Julien Mills <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] Finding a /etc/group entry containing a user list
- Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:47:14 -0800 (PST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1322077634; bh=8MBN1g6+/IEY+ESOoEQeFVcz9CxkLF+3pR/Y+pFSRXk=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=HSbeCOmPrVesd2A8jI/wO1oNIftw0mjW7miWdrQMu7wrbw+khvigeqR3V9GVdOxC4aSKus95nM6KX+3pqeI6G8qPy++FlK64rRyQrWs+9F3dVA+ke6HRhWWRyO8kXxEPqr1nL4n1QBRYHqXUKAAf0TaqbIsCV6df98F0YsAin7U=
- Reply-to: Julien Mills <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for this explanation, as far as command substitution, I like the new way $(), going to start using that. It seems a bit more readable to me.
(And I'm not bored, don't know about everyone else)
Sorry I took so long on this thread, it was just one of those weeks... Or two...
This is quite long, since I'm replying to a bunch of answers in one place, though I've trimmed a lot too. But to cut to the chase, and for those who took one look at these "one-liners" and started grumbling about line-noise or cats walking on keyboards (or dogs in Jeff's case :)...
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug